The Office of Danny Pearson MP and his service providers value the privacy of every individual’s personal information and health information.
We are committed to protecting the information we collect and use and comply with our obligations under the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic).
Protecting your privacy and your personal and health information is an important aspect of the way we create, organise and implement our activities on-line and off-line.
Collecting personal information
You can access the Danny Pearson MP website homepage and browse the site without disclosing personal information. The Danny Pearson MP website will only record your email address and/or contact details if you send our site a message.
The personal information we collect includes:
- The content of any electronic forms you submit via the website, requesting us to provide services, information or take actions.
- Information submitted if you take part in an online survey.
- Any messages or comments you submit to email addresses or social media icons displayed on this website, which may include personal information such as name, email address, social media handle and telephone number. The information is collected for the purposes of responding to the matters raised in your correspondence.
Statistical data is collected to assist in making the site more usable. We do this using software techniques such as clickstream data, cookies and web beacons. For an explanation of how these techniques are used on this website, see Website Usage Measurement below. These statistics may qualify as personal information under the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic), however, they are not used to identify individual users of the Danny Pearson MP website.
Using and disclosing information
The Office of Danny Pearson MP will only use and disclose personal and health information for:
- the primary purpose for which it was collected;
- purposes related to that primary purpose and which are within the reasonable expectations of users;
- other purposes to which you have consented;
- other purposes permitted by the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic).
We have implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control. However, you should be aware that there are risks in transmitting information across the Internet. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us online and individuals do so at their own risk. If you are concerned about conveying sensitive material to us over the Internet, you might prefer to contact us by other means.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We will remove personal information from our system where it is no longer required, except where archiving is required and in compliance with the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic).
Website usage measurement
This website uses Google Analytics to track and measure visitation numbers using clickstream data, cookies and web beacons (outlined below). For more information visit http://www.google.com/privacy.html
This website uses visitor logs to measure visitation numbers and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top-level domain name
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used
Clickstream data refers to visitor logs and statistics that provide useful information about users’ online experience without identifying individuals. Typical clickstream data collected includes:
- A visitor’s computer address (i.e. Internet Protocol [IP] address) and relevant domains
- Times and dates of site visits
- Pages accessed (including most visited and least visited) and files downloaded
- Browsers and operating systems used by visitors
This website uses clickstream data purely for statistical purposes and without identifying individual users.
A web beacon is a technology that records web page usage statistics. This website uses web beacons to collect clickstream data, but does not use beacons to identify individual users.
No personal information is provided, used or accessed by these measurement methods.
Gaining access to personal information
Should you wish to gain access to, or correction of, your personal information that might be held by the Office of Danny Pearson MP, please contact us.
Please note: This privacy statement does not extend beyond our website. When linking to other sites from this website, we recommend that you read the privacy statement of that site to familiarise yourself with its privacy principles.